Monday, March 05, 2007

Happy Casimir Pulaski Day!
Don't know who he is? I didn't either until this year. He's a Polish war hero who fought in the revolutionary war. It's a holiday here in Chicago, and all of the schools have it off. Ladies and gentlemen, that will make this my fourth Monday off since I started my job almost two months ago. I lerv the school schedule. A little about Pulaski for your edification from the website I've attached:

In 1779, Pulaski was ordered to join General Lincoln in the South to help recapture Savannah. After French General D'Estaing, leader in the attack on the southern capital, fell wounded, Pulaski is reported to have rushed forward to assume command and raise the soldiers' spirits by his example and courage, only to be mortally wounded himself. Pulaski was named the "Father of the American Cavalry", and remains one of the well known figures of the American Revolutionary War.

Are you dying to know what I've been doing with my day? Well, I began the slow move of my things over to my NEW PLACE. My great new place is in Lincoln Square and it's perfect and I love it. It makes packing shite into my car and carrying my millions of text books and papers everywhere a lot less painful.

Three day weekends are awesome. This weekend, I caught up with Northwestern ladies for some tapas at Cafe Iberico (my first time there--cheap tapas!), ventured to make some roast lamb with Todd, saw Russian Circles and Del Ray play at Schubas (thanks for the ticket, Todd), and had dim sum with Lauren at Furama in Uptown. I also showed Todd the new apartment and recruited his help to help me schlep up some bags of aforementioned text books that I had been slowly loading into my trunk.

I also had an adventure with selling things with Craigs list. This apartment came with a giant china cabinet that neither Lee nor I wanted to carry with us once we move out. I figured that I would sell it on Craigs list for some cheapie price and that was the right thing to do because I got like six or seven responses within six hours of posting. Since it was Jenny's old roommate who had left it with her, and she didn't want the cabinet, I'm taking the earnings and taking us out one night. We also have a giant blue rug that we need to get rid of and I'm going to try the same thing.

No comments: