Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I've been lazy
That's why I haven't posted in a while. Nothing bad to report, though, and work is winding down with only five more weeks left to the school year! These months have certainly been zooming by.

What's new?
Well, I went to the best beer garden ever with Laura, Megan, and Lauren. Moody's Pub is nestled in the north-northside of the city and it boasted an absolutely enormous outside area that is overflowing with plants and even had a little waterfall in the corner. We dined on Moody burgers (which won a best-burgers award) and drank cheap beer out of the pitcher and weren't rushed by anyone, even though lines began forming for tables outside on a Monday night. As the evening fell, the little candles on the tables kept the ambiance romantic. Another place I'm taking you people to when you come and visit me in Chicago.

My new neighborhood continues to charm. It's busting with families with round and rosy cheeked toddlers being hauled around in red wagons. Today on my walk home from the grocery store, I had two separate fat bulldog sightings (that's a good thing). The other Saturday, Todd and I sat down and watched a little league game for about half an hour since there are billions going on at all times.

Happy belated Mothers Day, Mom! Since my mom is halfway across the country, I tagged along with Todd to Wilmington and helped celebrate with his family. His dad grilled delicious steaks and Todd and I made baked macaroni and cheese (with breadcrumbs and everything!) and apple cake with fresh cut apples. Afterward we walked around his parents' place in the country and it was pretty awe-inspiring with the afternoon sun warming the farming fields. We had to stay clear of some crazy barking dogs along the way, though. His mom said that she usually brings big stick for that purpose.

Lastly, we celebrated someone's birthday at Guthrie's with a rousing game of Family Feud with this large group of people the other weekend. It was like the game show, except in board game form. I don't know when this game was made or who made it, but it sucked. One of the questions was: "What's another word for nerd?" Now, in my book and in the world of what is right, a "nerd" is based on someone who is book smart but is more lacking in social graces. The answers that the stupid board game included were "idiot" and "moron" and the like. I was all pissed off about it, because that is just not right because nerds are smart. I'm still kind of pissed off about it because I had to use italics twice in that last sentence. I guess that if they surveyed Americans for the answers then I should be angry with my fellow countrymen. Stupid fellow countrymen. Clearly, you are not nerds.

No comments: