Monday, October 15, 2007

I'll shout my love from the rooftops again
for "The Wire." There is a spectacular article about the show and David Simon in this week's New Yorker. I also watched about six episodes this weekend from the first season on Todd's on Demand. I didn't remember most of the details and I found it less stressful viewing it this time around with the knowledge of what happens to the characters you see. Season four, though, stressed me out completely (but stress that I respect!) mainly because there were characters who I loved a lot (Randy, anyone?) and I wouldn't be able to bear if if the story screwed them over (which it did, as it turned out, and I was forced to bear it).

Season five is the last one and it's supposed to come out next year, and I can't effing wait.

2 comments:

hollly said...

Somebody at my office was talking about the wire at lunch yesterday. Initially, I thought it was some Baltimore tourist attraction or something. Obviously I haven't seen it.

On an aside, I know you appreciate cute animal stories so check this out for a wee smile:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6761957.stm

K said...

Baby tigers = super cute!

Thanks for the link.