Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day Off!
We had a day off today in honor of Lincoln's Birthday. Happy Birthday, Lincoln! Our school system is the only one I know of that has today off and I am not complaining. Next Monday is off too, because of President's Day. woohoo!

The good news is that I was 75% productive today. I got lots of good and healthy groceries, I mailed off some seriously errantly late thank you notes, and I went to Target and finally got a little digital voice recorder so I can record clients and students when I want to go back and listen. I also got some more toys to use with my little guys. I had been eyeing this one set of alphabet blocks: each block (each letter) is made of clear plastic and contains an appropriate object representing said letter. For instance, the umbrella has a sweet little umbrella and little beads that you shake around the represent rain. Anyway, I finally got them today. I'm thinking that these will be a hit, because they're so interesting and so good for language stimulation. I wish you could see the little zebra for "z." I'm constantly on the look out for good toys: the problem with working with 2-year olds is that they have the attention spans of...2-year olds.

Crappy weather again today. I'm over it.

No comments: