Thursday, July 10, 2008

Listless
Blah: I don't want to do anything. I don't really have an excuse since I am mostly off this summer. As the wedding presses ever closer, though, I feel: annoyed. And full of ennui. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to be married, and am excited to get married, but am not excited to plan for the stupid wedding. I have a terribly bad attitude right now, and hopefully a good work out will cleanse me.

But, isn't it funny that I feel listless, and the reason why is because I am surrounded by lists (to do, mental, etc)?

5 comments:

Intrepidgirl said...

I think what you are feeling is normal. I felt like that too. I hate to say it but I found the last two weeks prior to the wedding even worse because of the stress. But the day is really worth it. I look back on my wedding day as probably one of my favorite days of all-time. Being surrounded by all this family, some who are meeting for the first time, joining together as a couple, and the amazing power of the vow (and I'm not even religious).... all together it was a fantastic high! And then you are married, which is really great I have to say!

K said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Hey, congrats on finishing summer school!

Next Thing said...

oh honey, i'm not surprised. i know i would be completely overwhelmed. i wish i was there to better support you/help you/take your mind off of everything. i'm sure you have it all well in hand, though. you're planning a appropriately lovely and low-maintenance event, and i'm really looking forward to it. i wish i had some wise words about marriage for you, but i don't so, i'll just say that i'm here for you. please call me if you need to blow off some steam.

love you!

Next Thing said...

also, i've had two margaritas, and i'm not wearing my glasses, so please forgive my gross grammatical errors in the above comment. momma really did raise me better...

ADD said...

God, me too, totally blah. Adult tasks make me tired. My empathy and promise to play dead to our mutual responsibilities next weekend. xoxo