Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Before I forget:

This silkscreen print (framed and matted) is the perfectly awesome Christmas gift Todd got for me from my favorite poster/print makers, The Bird Machine. I love the art by the artist, Jay Ryan. They do a lot of concert posters, but I recently noticed that the cover of the new Michael Chabon book is done by them as wel;. Todd had picked it out from the web site, but he was first told that they were out. Luckily, someone dug a hidden one up when Todd re-mentioned it when he went over to the Bird Machine's silkscreening place (whatever you call it).

He told me that a conversation occurred with one of the people there that went as follows:

Todd: My girlfriend loves fat, furry animals.
Guy at Bird Machine: You came to the right place.







I bought another poster from them, another sleeping animal, a bear this time (to the right).

I think I need to start collecting a series of Jay Ryan's fat, sleeping animals.

No comments: