Monday, March 08, 2004

Got Nothing
I don't have too much to offer today, as I spent about 7.5 hours this past weekend watching two thirds of the first season of FX's "The Shield." I seriously sat down and watched four episodes straight each day--I'm so proud of myself. I've never watched the show before and it's not bad. "Homicide: Life on the Street" is still FAR better, and Detective Dutch in "The Shield" is like a poor man's, snaggle-toothed Tim Bayliss, but still not bad overall. The guy who plays the main guy, Vic, is pretty amazing, though. My dad (who sat along with me on my viewing yesterday) described him as having loads of charisma, which is about right.

In other news, my little brother has apparently bought a black light for his room, along with two posters whose attributes are only highlighted by the lovely lamp. One of them is this one of a "rasta" alien, with the phrase under it: "No Alien No Cry." I told Des and Bryan that I would be getting them the Fry Daddy Junior for their wedding, but it might get replaced by the blacklight/poster gift set. The other poster is only of a yin yang in a whirlpool, but the alien one of far better.

I think my little brother sits in his room with only the blacklight turned on. Awesome!

No comments: