Monday, March 22, 2004

I Love the Library
I have been driven to exclaim before about the greatness about the Alexandria Central Library, but I must do so again. As I was telling people on Saturday night (and it was so scintillating, the news is getting retold), I was startled and pleased to find that the library had in their DVD section Grey Gardens, the Criterion version. I had read about this cult classic in a few places, but Netflix doesn't carry it for some reason (maybe they don't carry Criterion dvds). Imagine my pleasure when I saw the dvd peeking from the library shelves. I watched it on Saturday when I got home, and it's something else. Anyway, I also picked up Al Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, and have been voraciously reading it. I never read his Rush Limbaugh book, but I might have to go find it now. The Lies book is great, though--I was laughing out loud this morning reading it.

And, just to show that I am liberal and also have a sense of humor about it, check out this article in the New Yorker.

No comments: