Thursday, May 06, 2004

Sad Stuff
Today is my work friend, Don's, last day here in the office. He's joining the Peace Corps and going to Armenia in a month! This creates major waves in our office since he's the jack-of-all-trades here, everyone's sounding board, and has been here for eleven years so knows the ropes. Don showed me his language book that they sent him with key Armenian phrases such as, "I would like to drink some beer." Awesome. In an hour we're going to celebrate with some cake (yay) and I know several people are going to have to work hard to fight back their tears.

A couple of months ago, I suggested to Don that he find a Russian bride. I had watched a Discovery Channel "documentary" on the topic the night before and after that, considered myself an expert. Apparently, there are many hot Russian brides to be found. Once Don told me that he was setting off for Armenia, we looked at eachother and both burst out with: "Russian bride!" He'll be all the closer to Russia so he can check out his options. I told Don that if he gets married over there, I want to be invited and stand as his Best (wo)Man, since I was the one who planted the original seed for this possibility. Remember that, Don!

No comments: