Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Sorry, I don't see "Crazy MF" listed
In our office, we keep one tray of the printer loaded with scrap paper, so we can utilize the dead trees as much as possible. I just printed something out and noticed that the paper on which the first page was printed was originally a Fax. It's a fax from the Paraolympic Games 2004 in Athens, and one of the women on my floor was filling out the registration to attend. Of course, there's a space for the name, there's a spot where you mark your sex, and then, there's the part for "title." The following are the boxes that you can check:

"His/Her Royal Highness"
"His/Her Majesty"
"His/Her Serene Highness"
"His/Her Excellency"
"Professor"
and, finally
"Doctor."

I never knew that Her Serene Highness is actually a recognized title. I'm all over it!

No comments: