Monday, August 09, 2004

The Lure of the Private Sector
I just came back from meeting Clarence, Grace, and Jonathan for lunch. Clarence took us to dine in his law office's cafeteria/fancy-subsidized-eating-joint. It was bright, sunlight-filled, sleek and modern with a quality selection of dining options. I chose the Southwestern burger which the guy behind the counter sculpted perfectly so that the grilled peppers and onions were just so. It was awesome. The entire floor is encased with glass and we sat right up against the window so we were pressed up against the scenery of DC. This was another world from the non-profit kitchenette that we have. We were joking about how I would steal Clarence's ID so I could get back in: I would just need to take a sharpie and color in some long hair on his head. Easy. Now I'm in slight food coma, though.

No comments: