Sunday, August 08, 2004

Teen-sitting
I spent this absolutely breathtaking weekend at my parents' place, since they are off on another Alaska jaunt and my 15-year old brother is my charge for the next seven days. It's actually been surprisingly peaceful and easy on my wallet as well, since my social opportunities are much inhibited. The nice thing, as well, is that I've been driving my mom's car for the past couple of days. I love my Honda Civic, but she has a Honda Civic Hybrid, which is zippy and fun to drive and handles the winding roads of Great Falls like a pro. I've spent hours in the car and have only used a quarter tank of gas. I love it! Plus, driving back and forth from my place in Alexandria is a treat since it's mostly on the GW Parkway, which has got to offer up some of the most stunning scenery in DC. It almost brings me to tears. Now, I'm annoyed, though. I seem to have misplaced the cord to my camera, and it's a thorn in my goddamn side. I have no idea where it could be, and it's going to bug me for the rest of the evening...and there goes the Zen feeling that I developed over the weekend.

No comments: