Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Thanks, Chaz
I wanted to leave a shout-out to Charles, who's now across the country in San Francisco. Ever since we became friends all of those years ago, Charles has faithfully clipped articles that may be of interest to me and sends them regularly. It's a very grandfather kinda thing to do. I think he must clean out his magazines and newspapers every few months. Yesterday I received a large manila envelope filled with interviews with Zach Braff about his movie, "Garden State," (which intrigues me, although I don't know about Zach's wings that he's rocking these days). When I was in China, I would get regular articles on various music groups, films that we had discussed, and best of all: fortunes from fortune cookies that had "Learn Chinese" phrases on the back...to assist me while over there. It's not just me, either: Bill informs me that he also gets shipments of articles, the last one concerning Julia Stiles.

No comments: