Monday, January 26, 2004

It snowed last night in DC, coating the ground with what looks like 4-6 inches of snow. My commute was cake, since I just had to hop across the street to the metro, but the roads were empy and the metro was atypically uncrowded as well. Downtown is pretty empty too. I at first thought when I walked into my office and everything was dark that my organization was closed and I had no idea, but it just turns out that I was the first one there. Apparently, the federal government is on liberal leave today, so half of our office is out since we follow the fed govt in terms of weather alerts. I am scrambling for enough vacation days, though, so I wouldn't sacrifice one of them even I had known. It's peaceful in here and kind of pleasant to look outside the window and see white. I can see the stop of the steeple of the church next door, and it's collected a bunch of snow.

Anne wrote me from home, since her job canceled work for weather conditions. Lucky duckie! I wish my work canceled as well.

In other news, I'm happy to have found out that the dvd collection for "Freaks and Geeks" is available for pre-order on the website, www.freaksandgeeks.com. I would venture to say that this show is the most tremendous I've seen, closely followed by "Homicide: Life on the Street," which you shouldn't even get me started on. The edition available for pre-order is a limited one, jam packed with all of this great stuff. However, the whole shebang is $120! The show is great, most definitely, and worth it, but that's some pricey stuff.

No comments: