Sunday, January 25, 2004

Marv and I were standing in line at Eckert last night, and the cover of the Weekly World News caught his eye. The cover story was about a 600 pound woman who adopted the world's fattest cat. The picture is priceless (I think that the editors realized this, because they also included a free poster of the two "to keep and treasure.") It was a must-have item. Later that night, the newspaper, or "newspaper," was shared among friends, and all of the articles were perused carefully. This publication kills me. My favorite article was the one titled: "How to Tell If God is Mad at You" by correspondent John Addison. Here are some pieces of the article, so you can decide for yourself:

--"Your boss not only ignores your contributions at work, but gives credit to others."
--"Your lottery numbers never come on--not even close."
--"Your once loving son or daughter has turned from sweet to sassy almost overnight, giving you sullen and sarcastic replies--when they even bother to acknowledge your existence."

I love this, because with all of these included, is there *anyone* who wouldn't assume that God is mad at them?

As I'm typing this, Discovery Channel is on the television and it's the show about the woman having the 200 pound tumor removed! It's going to be a good morning. I wonder if it has hair and teeth? In the article I read about the surgery, they said that Discovery Channel paid for the operation in order to be able to film it. Discovery Channel knows what America wants!

No comments: