Friday, January 23, 2004

Last night I was standing in the grocery store line at about 7:00pm. It was right in the middle of that after-work rush, and the place was jammed. As I clutched my frozen spinach, I heard a yell that reverberated through the entire Safeway. Some guy, maybe a few years older than me, and *definitely* crazy, was yelling: "Bush is an idiot!" (He's not crazy because of his opinion, with which I happen agree, but because of his general demeanor).Everyone was quiet and uncomfortable--it's always interesting when a crazy person surfaces, loudly and boisterously, in a public place. It's the total elephant in the middle of the room effect for everone else. Anyway, he then started repeating that he would rather vote for a three-legged dog, which is kind of interesting. "Three legged-dog, three-legged dog, three-legged dog..." is what he was repeating when I was checking out. I noticed that he wore black converse all stars; I wonder how he chose those?

No comments: