Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Last night, Marv came over and was subjected to my South Beach fare (this is funny only because the boy could not be more lanky and thin--damn him.) I for the first time in my life broiled some tuna steaks with some fresh garlic and ginger, and they were pretty successful. Also, so inexpensive! Two big slabs of tuna steak were $4.50 at Trader Joe's. (How I love thee, Trader Joe's. I can't begin to count the ways.)

Anyhow, I served my precious steaks with some salad with this balsamic vinegar dressing, its recipe I found in the South Beach book.

As Marv dined, I bragged to him that I included thyme in both the dressing and in the tuna marinade and he countered back with: (drum roll, please...)

"So you're saying that the South Beach Diet is very Thyme-consuming?"

How punny! It was so smoove that I didn't even catch on till like 30 seconds later.

No comments: