Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Deserted
Most of my office is away at a conference right now, and on my particular floor, I am the lone person here. It's is very odd. I went to a breakfast event this morning where I drank too much coffee and tried to nod and cluck knowingly when everyone around me discussed the price of beef and ethynol and other farm issues. I did learn from one woman who ranches in Wyoming that the popularity of low-carb diets (particuarly Adkins) has been treating the beef industry well. I couldn't help but be kind of amused when the guest senator stood and gave a speech about farming issues, and I understood about 20% of what he said, but still nodded along. I feel like such a lame city person when around many of the people who work with my organization.

Anyway, I'm taking advantage of the empty office to listen to a little music without headphones and sing along. It's going to be a loooong day, though. This coffee makes me want to run around the building about thirty times.

No comments: