Saturday, April 03, 2004

Heated
Last night I attended an ever-so-fun Game Night, where there was much Boggle, Pictionary, and Trivial Pursuit played. I like Boggle and TP, but I live for Pictionary. Mellow I am in all other area of my life, but Pictionary turns me into someone loud and obnoxious who is prone to slapping five an excessive amount of times. I am that person. My cockles were particularly raised during one moment of the evening when the word was "you," it was an All Play, and I was drawing. All Plays make me frantic. I drew blobby people, one pointing at himself and pointing at another person. Yeah, I don't know. Anyway, Anne, one of my outstanding teammates, said something like "You look just like me." I threw my pen down in victory and started celebrating, but was greeted with the protests from other players. I had always played by the rules that as long as the person said the word in question, all was settled, but the majority opinion is that people would have to specifically pick out what word we were getting at. I like it my way better. Anyway, Anne, Sandy, and I still managed to win after all of that drama. I woke up this morning feeling sheepish, not because I acted foolishly from too much drink but because of my poorly disguised Pictionary hubris.

No comments: