Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Difficulty Concentrating
...so I had to check out more Slate. Here is an article about the AICP award show (Association of Independent Commercials Producers). Apparently, this awards show is a little hipper than the better known Clios. Many of the commericals mentioned, I haven't seen, but they did namedrop one of my favorite commericals of last year: that HP commercial that played The Cure's "Pictures of You." Here's what the article said about it:

And HP won honors in visual style, for a digital photography ad set to the song "Pictures of You" by the Cure. (One woman at the show, who works as a film editor on ads, told me this was her favorite spot of the year because the imagery and music are "incredibly romantic.")

Amen, sister. Anyway, I'm glad that HP got their due.

No comments: