Monday, June 21, 2004

Weekend Jaunt
Ah, it was a lovely weekend in the Big Apple. Anne and I went to go and see Grace, and we spent two full days walking around the city, lazing in Central Park, stepping in and out of various eateries and bars, and soaking up the absolutely criminaly beautiful weather. It was sunshiney and warm, but not hot, and the sky was blue, blue, blue. Unbelievable. It was my first time ever visiting Central Park as well. Grace took us to Sheeps Meadow (is that right?) and we lay halfway under the shade of a big tree, the New York skyline looming before us. It was the stuff of movie backgrounds, y'all. It was a good time, but we returned late last night, and I basically hit the ground running this morning. Since it's now SEVEN DAYS until I leave for vacation, I want to make sure all of my office work is taken care of so I can enjoy China with a clear conscience.

Success, as well: I came away from my doctor's visit today clutching my medical forms that are all filled out and ready to be mailed to school. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get them filled out in time. I was also lucky enough to get a booster shot for diptheria (whatever that is), which is always a goddamn fine time. I'm happy to report that my cholesterol reading was good as well--I was wondering if eating all of these eggs that I do on SBD would have a negative effect, but the doctor told me that I could go on eating my weight in eggs. Cool, because then I would be absolutely flummoxed over breakfast options in the mornings.

No comments: