Thursday, June 24, 2004

Sweet Valley Sweetness
This is an excellent article about Sweet Valley High and all of its lessons. I assume that there were other ladies (and gents?) in the house who cut their reading teeth on this "literature"? I love how they were "created" by Francine Pascal, but it never seemed like anyone got credit for writing the damn things. I used to buy these by the dozens at one of the markets in Pakistan back in 1986 (isn't it crazy they these were sold there? The other things I bought in bulk were Archie comics. Pakistan rocks!). All I know is that Jessica was a major bitch, and I could never understand how Elizabeth kept on cutting her slack. Plus, I remember that while the twins looked the same on all of the covers, Elizabeth's boyfriend, Todd, looked different on various covers, which bothered me a lot. Yeah, I didn't have a whole lot to fret about. (via pcjm)

No comments: