Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Prizes and stuff
I went again with Annie and her friends, Leslie and Paul, to Drag Queen Bingo again last night. It was even better this time since Annie got reservations and we were seated right in front and had prime viewing spots; last time we had the nosebleeds and had to crane around a column to check out the action. Last time, Annie won Drag Queen Jeopardy, with such hard cracking questions like: "What's the name of Jessica Simpson's husband?"

This time, she won proper bingo and picked out a big package wrapped in green paper as her prize. It turned out to be a bar set, complete with martini glasses with zig-zaggy stems--very fancy. Annie was very generous and turned around and gave the set to me, since she assures me that she has more bar glasses than she can handle and I'll need a starter set. I told her that I would put her initials on each glass in paint pen (a la sorority stylings) and toast her every time a glass is used. I'm so tacky, that I'll probably be using those glasses to drink my Diet Coke. I was very touched by the gift, though.

No comments: