Saturday, July 31, 2004

Cleaning out my Sanrio products
I started today to clean out from under my bed. I have a month till I have to move out of my room and I am such a packrat (I always feel guilty and wasteful tossing stuff...I need to get over that), and am going to try to do it piecemeal so I don't suffer in the last week or so. The problem is that I get so distracted by everything I shove under there. I spent a full hour going through old pictures of mine to figure out which ones I want to tote along with me. That was quite a trip, actually. I had to call Anne to comment over how gobsmacked I was by looking through some of these photos from three or four years ago. I can finally really tell the difference from the weight loss, whereas for the last few months it's been so gradual that I can't really tell in myself from the mirror. wowsers.

Anyway, the good news is that I found two things that I had misplaced and had missed. They are as follows:

1.) A bootleg Hello Kitty pencil box that Suzi had gotten for me in Beijing. The Chinglish that's on there is as follows:
He that thatches his
house with turds
shall have more teachers
than reachers.

How fricking awesome is that?

2.) My third grade diary. It's has My Melody on the cover, skipping rope (My Melody is a Sanrio character, a bunny with a pink hood, for those who aren't in the know). There is a latch for a lock, which I lost along the way, thank God. Actually, Robin and I had stumbled over this a few years ago and it made the rounds, but then it disappeared for a couple of years. Diary entries will be posted in this blog, stay tuned.

No comments: