Sunday, July 18, 2004

June 29, 2004 (LA)
This day involved sleeping, reading, and going to Costco for SBD snacks to bring along with me to China. Note that we purchased a large amount of snacks that included about three pounds of almonds (no kidding), FOUR bags of jerky (two beef, two turkey), one large bag of mixed dried fruit, one large bag of dried mangoes. Over the trip, the jerky was taken care of, about three almonds and about three pieces of dried mangoes were consumed, and everything else was taken backto the States with me to put in my pantry. That is some well-traveled dried stuffs. My aunt and uncle have a lovely house in the LA suburbs up on a hill, so when you sit on the back patio, you look over a wide spread view of the town and the hills in the background. I sat there for about an hour as I polished off The Corrections (which was great, yet the aging dad depressed me so much I had to skip entire parts of the novel). It was rather pleasant.




No comments: