Saturday, July 31, 2004

KRISTIN'S THIRD GRADE DIARY (Part 1)
As I mentioned below, I found my third grade diary again today. I wish to heavens that I could scan the pages and post them to this website so you can see the "art" and the writing, but my descriptions of the entries will hopefully suffice.

Open the hard cover My Melody Cover to a yellow page.
On this, I have written in pencil

TOP SECRET!!!!
Don't look (eyes drawn into the 'o's here)
Don't look
(Some buxom ladies with pearls and high heels have been drawn in here)

PRIVATE! Don't look!

Turn the page Kristin.

Kristin Only Permission And Friends.

On the first page, I had taped in a photo of myself and two of my friends at that time: Maria and Katie. Maria was Swedish and we would get together and dance to Irene Cara records at her house. Katie was a small British redhead who I actually managed to visit one time a year later when we were passing through London on our way to Pakistan.

12/5/84
Dear Diary,
Today I was so bored until I got you a friend his name is qoala (sic) so if you hug him it will make his day. So please be nice to him. O.K.?
Love, Kristin

12/6/84
Dear Diary,
Today I used the computer it's really fun. I love it. I'll show you a picture of the computer video game gay (sic) when he's mad.
Love, Kristin

(drawing of a small stick man with a cone hat tapping his foot included)

12/7/84
Dear Diary,
I loved today it was really fun. I can't wait till tomorrow really I sordof miss Robin because I don't have any company.
Love, Kristin

12/9/84
Dear Diary,
Today I went to my brother's soccer awards. It gave you snacks. My brother got a trofey. I'm kind of jealouse, The place was so noisy I almost got a headache.
Love, Kristin

12/11/84
Dear Diary,
Sorry I didn't write in you last night. I was too tired and busy. Well today it was great nothing hard was at school. I'm glad.
Love, Kristin

12/21/84
Dear Diary,
Today I had didn't guitar because on thursday I went to see Doon. And at school we didn't do any spelling or English.
Love, Kristin

12/22/84
Dear Diary,
Today at school was really boring and school seemed to never end. I couldn't wait till the holidays.
Love, Kristin

12/24/84
Dear Diary,
Today I can't wait till Christmas tomorrow. I just can see it now all the presents I would like. And my new bike.
Love, Kristin

[As a sidenote, this is the pink bike that I ran downstairs to find my older brother riding on shouting "Look at my new bike, Kristin!" prompting me to burst into tears and run back upstairs.]

(Two stars have been drawn beside this entry)
12/26/84
Dear Diary,
Today I realized that I really like Brian. And I always thought I hated him. I went on a bike ride today with my brother.
Love, Kristin

12/27/84
Dear Diary,
Today I really think my presents are getting boring. And whats the fun if your presents are getting boring. And I can't invite Andrea.
Love, Kristin

12/28/84
Dear Diary,
I think that being home alone with noone to play with is ridickulous and I really hate it.
Love, Kristin

12/29/84
Dear Diary,
Today it's extra borin. I really have nothing to do. And I don't want to read Books. And I can't watch T.V.
Love, Kristin

12/30/84
Dear Diary,
Today I'm glad that it's almost the end of the year. Because that there's a new year coming up.
Love, Kristin

(four stars have been drawn in)

12/31/84
Dear Diary,
Today I really looking forward to seeing Brian. And really looking forward to seeing Andrea and Michael.
Love, Kristin

1/1/85
Dear Diary,
I'm glad it's New Years Day. I love to see the fire crackers and I always have a good feeling in my heart.
Love, Kristin

1/2/84
Dear Diary,
I hate todau. I really do. It's school But I like it too. I had a party. It had six kids at least. I really had fun.
Love, Kristin

1/3/85
Dear Diary,
Today was great! I never thought it would be like this. PE wasn't so bad and guitar was OK. And Math was Alright.
Love, Kristin

1/4/85
Dear Diary,
I going to tell you about Andrea and Micheal. She'll tell you what happened on the next page.
Love, Kristin

1/4/85
Dear Kristin's Diary,
Pleased to meat you! As you know I like Michael a lot. In fact I love him a lot.
Love, Andrea

(Andrea drew a diagram: two stick figures, one male, one female looking at one another with huge smiles. A thought cloud over the girl's head reads "I (heart) U")

1/22/85
Dear Diary,
Today at school we did english. And I had guitar today And at home my mother said she might have a heart attack. And I'm (Next Page) really scared because my father is on a business trip. But I have my grandparents and my uncle.
Love, Kristin

1/27/85
Dear Diary,
Today I went to Maria's house. And we had a lot of arguements. But we still had fun. And besides now I hate Brian.
Love, Kristin


No comments: