Friday, February 27, 2004

Here's to you, Mrs. Sadowski: Jesus loves you more than you will know
I'm pasting here Anne's telling of her discovery of her girlhood dreams. I love it! It's in the same vein as the Dictator (Fill in the Blank). Thanks for sharing, Ms. Anne!

When I was 9 I had a Ramona Quimby diary. It was elaborate, with spaces for "what I did today" "my best friends" (a spot left frequently, curiously blank...hmm) etc. It also had a "where do you see yourself in 10 years?" space for both writing and artwork. So one night in a flurry of twitterpation over a certain someone, I wrote the following:

"Today was great! Jon and I are very happy. We're working in Montana on a dig, and had pizza for dinner. I love being married, and being a paleontologist. I have lots of friends, too."

Next to the entry was a drawing of me clutching an Allosaurus bone (how do I know it was an Allosaurus? I provided handy and useful labels in my chef d'oeuvre) in my right hand. Why my right? Because my left was incapacitated by the ENORMOUS diamond ring I had drawn onto it. Really it was more of a ring-stand than a useful appendage anymore.

The capstone to the entry was how I ended it:

"Good night Diary! Love, Anne D. Sadowski"

So apparently I've been paying boys excessive amounts of attention ever since my life was measured in SINGLE DIGITS. Oy.

PS--Jon Sadowski, if you're reading this, call me!

No comments: