Sunday, February 01, 2004

Tonight I went to Des and Bryan's most excellent Super Bowl gathering. I wasn't too interested in the game itself, but I hung in their basement with the other not-as-interested-in-football people where we chatted and kept the game on mute in wait of the much bally-hooed commercials. The commercials themselves weren't so great, save for a couple that included the Simpsons Mastercard commercial. The Simpsons could do no wrong, though, even if they were to shill for something like cigarettes, it's always a little tongue in cheek.

I fell of the wagon a bit on the South Beach thing tonight, as I was surrounded by copious amounts of finger party food. I held myself in check for half of the party, but then slipped and had a couple of cookies, a mini Spanikopita, three bites of this divine cookie/cheesecake sandwich (I know), and a Miller Lite. It was well worth it, but I was full till I hurt afterward. Tomorrow, I get back in the game with renewed vigor.

As an aside, after a couple of weeks I definitely can't hold my alcohol as well. After last night's wine experience, I woke up this morning in the wee hours massively dehydrated and antsy, as if I had drunk a lot more.

No comments: