Sunday, February 15, 2004

Valentine's Day Weekend
Well, after a roller coaster of a week, I'm feeling muuuch better and back to normal. Valentine's Day yesterday was not tough to handle in the least. Rather, it offered a lot of activities and fun. Last night, though, I drank one too many vodka tonics (let's just say that this is not a South Beach weekend). I got myself together at about 2 to head home on the metro. My trip involves one transfer, which is always a bummer when you're traveling on the off, off hours. Since the last trains leave their stations at about three, I thought that I would catch the second to last train or something. I didn't have to wait for the first train too long (only 6 minutes, awesome!), but as soon as we all loaded on there, the train sat on the platform for something like 25 minutes. Brutal.

I was sitting close to a lonesome, harmless, probably drunk guy who cornered me into a conversation. He wore a bright red shirt, suspenders, and a ski cap. Yeah, I don't know. He was nice enough, though. Luckily, he got off before I did, so there was no awkward evasion that had to be done.

(As an aside, this guy was telling me that he had a first date with a woman tonight. You have to be crazy to be setting up your first date with someone on Valentine's day, dude. I'm guessing that his date didn't go so great if he was sitting on the train at 2 in the morning, drunk and all alone.)

The trains kept on stopping at various stations for long amounts of time. So, a trip that would usually take me somewhere around 40 minutes if the trains are running at a reasonable pace took me 1 hour and 45 minutes. I got home at 3:45. what is that about?

Needless to say, I'm feeling kind of fuzzy today and hydrating myself as much as possible.

No comments: