Saturday, February 07, 2004

Whirlwind Richmond
I caught a ride with Des and Bryan to Richmond last night. Des and Bry went to visit Bryan's sister and I went to visit my friend and old roommate, Emily. We got into town at 9 last night, and left this morning at 12 noon. It was a nice little jaunt. While Des and Bryan wrassled with the Richmond nightlife, I hung in with Emily, Dave, and Emily's brother, Matt, to play the most recent version of Trivial Pursuit. The nice thing about this version is that all of the entertainment category questions are from the last five years, and to put it mildly, I cleaned up in that category. Matt and I were a team, and our strategy was to bounce from pink slot to pink slot and make our way across the board. I think we missed one pink question out of 20, and that was because the question was about a book that had to do more with history than with what Britney wore to the Grammies. My subscription to Entertainment Weekly has finally paid off! Blue "People and Places" questions on US geography would leave me slack jawed, and don't even start with the "Sports and Leisure" category, but "Arts and Entertainment" and I had a Zen thing going: I was one with that category. It was an evening to remember.

No comments: