Thursday, February 05, 2004

I already sent this link to people a few weeks ago, when the story came out, but the tale sticks with me still. I LOVE it. I love the guy set his brother on fire, and was all annoyed when his brother tried to pat out the flames:


According to Racine County Circuit Court records, Carey and his brother, Joshua Cook, were staying with Carey's girlfriend. Carey came home and started yelling at Cook, and accused Cook of sleeping with his girlfriend. The more Cook denied it, the more agitated Carey became.

"Hold on a sec, you think I'm playing with you?" Carey asked Cook just before he grabbed a bottle of lighter fluid, according to court records. "I'll kill you. I done beat three murder trials already, and I'll kill you, too."

Carey squirted the lighter fluid onto Cook's pants.

"Tell me, tell me you think I'm playing," Carey said. He lit Cook's pants on fire.

The first two times, Cook patted out the fire on his pants, according to court records. Carey told him not to "put out my fire," and the third time Cook hesitated. When he did try to pat out the fire, it was too late.


No comments: